[pmwiki-users] New Page Creation recipes

the Other michael xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 09:34:42 CDT 2007

> the fox pagebox is in the sidebar, so page variable refer only to the
> Sidebar, correct? {$Group} consistently returns Site -- matching the
> sidebar group, instead of the page content. Embedding the form in  a
> header, rightbar, or footer would give similar results, no?

Whoops! I guess I was looking in the wrong place. {$Group} does
populate to match the main page, so the template is pulled to match
the current group.

The NewPageBoxPlus recipe pulled the template from whatever group the
new page was to be in, but the fox recipe can only match the
_existing_ group.

eg, if I'm in PmWiki.OldPage and want to create Group.NewPage, the
template will be from PmWiki (I'm using
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTemplates)

Is there a way around this with fox?

It appears as though the fox recipe requires an explicit template; is
there any way to get it to pull from the predefined EditTemplate?

-the Other michael
http://www.xradiograph.com/interference
http://www.xradiograph.com/wrottings