[pmwiki-users] No edit screen on new installation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 16 10:20:23 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 10:06:28AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 03:42:54PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> > Monday, April 16, 2007, 3:37:12 PM, Patrick wrote:
> >
> > > When or how would it do this?
> >
> > as part of ?action=sitediag ??
> >
> > ideally to be run after new installations or upgrades.
>
> Another possibility would be to have PmWiki abort with
> an error message (and link to the Troubleshooting page)
> whenever it detects that a needed form or page isn't
> available.

I've gone ahead and added this into the core -- now if someone
attempts to edit a page and PmWiki is unable to read the Site.EditForm
page, it aborts with a message

    ?unable to read edit form Site.EditForm

and provides a link to

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ErrorMessages#editform

to explain the error and ways to fix it.