[pmwiki-users] Adding something like '?action=version'? (Was:Version of Pmwiki)

SMETS Stephane BKS-IT stephane.smets at banksys.be
Thu Apr 12 08:12:41 CDT 2007

>Which means we can now turn the question back around to Mark...
>where were you hoping to find version information before you
>decided to ask the mailing list?

Well, the first time I need this information I was a newbie with Pmwiki, and I remember I try to find the info on the search result on pmwiki.org. I find the variable and put it on my development farm in my notes.
Later, when I discover the action=diag I find the version into this, and now each time I need it I go to diags or put the variable in the first page I see, read the value, delete the variable.

Thinking about a page with the info : it is correct to think that many people will search localy so if the info is in the doc in a Version page (maybe Site.version?) they will find it. I agree the fact that admin prefer to hide the version to the visitors so the page will have some specifics rights.

Stéphane

sa Banksys nv - Chaussee de Haecht 1442 Haachtsesteenweg
- 1130 Brussels - Belgium
RPM-RPR Bruxelles-Brussel - TVA-BTW BE 0418.547.872
Bankrekening-Compte Bancaire-Bank Account 310-0269424-44
BIC BBRUBEBB - IBAN BE55 3100 2694 2444

"The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment thereto is confidential and may contain information which is protected by intellectual property rights.
This information is intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above.
This e-mail does not constitute any binding relationship or offer toward any of the addressees.
If you are not one of the addressees , one of their employees or a proxy holder entitled to hand over this message to the addressee(s), any use of the information contained herein (e.g. reproduction, divulgation, communication or distribution,...) is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and destroy it immediately after.
The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed and it may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, for which we accept no liability."