[pmwiki-users] Print skin override

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Tue Apr 10 18:41:35 CDT 2007

DaveG wrote:

>>> Actually, it is set. In my test I simply copied the entire standard
>>> print skin into a new directory, with no changes, and used
>>> $ActionSkin. The suffix is not appended correctly, so it looks
>>> like something is going wrong...
>> Did you rename 'print.php' to be 'my_print_skin.php'?  Unlike
>> the *.tmpl files, PmWiki only looks for *.php skin files that
>> _exactly_ match the name of the skin or that are named 'skin.php'.
>> So, if 'print.php' wasn't renamed, then PmWiki would never load it.
> I had not renamed the file. However, even after renaming, the links still do not contain the suffix. I'll do more testing in a few huors.
The problem appears to occur only if you put the print skin in a
subdirectory of another skin. If you put the print skin in the /skin/
directory things work fine.

---
This does not work:

putting the print skin in
    /skin/myskin/myprintskin

and in config.php putting
    $ActionSkin['print'] = 'myskin/myprintskin';

---
This does work:

putting the print skin in
    /skin/myprintskin

and in config.php putting
    $ActionSkin['print'] = 'myprintskin';

I'm happy to continue testing, but the auto-detect browser agent
solution works in my case, so this is no longer an issue for me.

  ~ ~ Dave