[pmwiki-users] initialize input textarea

SteP step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:36:19 CDT 2007

Petko Yotov wrote:

> There is at least one workaround, see
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Textarea . Feel free to test it.
>
> Petko

Wow, it's exactly what I was looking for. I use a PTV to initialize the
textarea within a fox form. Posting the fox form saves the new text into
the same PTV.

In my limited testing I found one issue, and added a noted to the recipe
page: if you're entering markup in the text area, line breaks like \\
should be entered as \\\\ because something -I suspect the input control-
will turn each \\ into a \

This is a problem because a user would need to repeatedly fix all line
breaks each time before posting the form.

Possibly this could be fixed with a fox filter, I'll have to study.
Thanks!

--SteP