[pmwiki-users] categories in pagelist

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Mon Apr 2 15:24:17 CDT 2007

On Monday 02 April 2007 21:47, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Here's how I currently see the above:
>
>     link=Cat1               # link=+Cat1
>     link=+Cat1,Cat2         # link=+Cat1,+Cat2
>     link=-Cat1,Cat2         # link=-Cat1,+Cat2
>     link=-Cat1,Cat2,+Cat3   # link=-Cat1,+Cat2,+Cat3
>
> In other words, any values without + or - are part of a required
> "or grouping" -- i.e., at least one of the specified values must be
> present.  (If there's only one, it must be present.)

So "link=-Cat1,Cat2,+Cat3,Cat4" means "Cat1 forbidden, Cat3 required, (Cat2
and/or Cat4) required". Yes, this is more user-friendly. Okay, this is really
good, didn't think of that. I like this!

> ...and this is why the expanded link= parameter is taking a bit of time
> to design and implement, because I think to be done correctly we need to
> preserve the speeds provided by pageindex, as well as provide an
> unambigous interpretation for link=cat1,cat2 (while also providing for
> the other interpretation).

I completely agree. And in any case, whatever means link=cat1,cat2 it will be
better than what it does now.

Thanks a lot!
Petko