[pmwiki-users] Can any of the form recipes do this?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 13:45:21 CDT 2007

Monday, April 2, 2007, 7:30:31 PM, Patrick wrote:

> I'm not at all saying that Fox "absolutely must" change
> its {var} syntax.. I'm just indicating that it's a design
> choice I wouldn't have made myself (for the reasons
> given in my previous message), and that I can't guarantee
> that it won't pose a core conflict in the future.

Thanks for the warning!

I carried over this syntax from AddDeleteLine2. ZAP is using the same
syntax as well. So there are three form processing scripts using it,
plus the smiley recipe for {happy} etc smilies.

I tried to save the smilies, and other curly markup, from Fox eating
them, by using the following pattern when doing var replacements, for
more precise matching of {var} and not more:

'/\{([^{*$[$].*?)\}/e'

and use a "save the smilie" function to allow any {name} through, which
are not filed names in the fox form, to minimise conflicts.

Is this reasonable? sufficient? Or shall we abandon the {var} syntax,
and what would be better?

Also: markup of kind {var} is only present in template pages Fox uses
to construct a new page, or page section, and inside the the from
markup and the input markup.

It is probably a good time to revise all this, as PmWiki 2.2.0 is still
in beta, and the form processing recipes relying on it and are also
still beta.

  ~Hans