[pmwiki-users] Can any of the form recipes do this?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 2 13:24:29 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 06:22:39PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> >>div1<<
> {section1}
> >>div2<<
> {section2}
> >>div3<<
> {section3}
> >><<

I know I'm coming in very late to this party, but fwiw I'm not
sure that "{varname}" is a good syntax to use in the long run,
as it tends to eat up the curly brace characters and make it
difficult for any other markups to make use of them.
(Bracketing characters are very precious in markup -- imagine
how difficult many things would be if PmWiki had chosen to use
single brackets for its link markup, as in [link].)

In particular, there's a good chance {var} could interfere
with a {{...}} markup, as well as anything that might
be surrounding braces with another character (e.g., '{...}'

This is partially why PmWiki used {$var} and not {var}
in its page variable markups, and also why PmWiki's markups
almost never use single characters for bracketing things.

PmWiki will almost certainly be using {$$var} for substitutions
in its built-in templating syntax (yes, the same {$$var}
that gets used for getting pagelist parameters into pagelist
templates).