[pmwiki-users] Permissions, edits and comments

writeon1 writeon1 at mchsi.com
Sat Sep 30 07:03:51 CDT 2006

I need a permission system that
    1 - Lets users sign up without my intervention
    2 - Requires email confirmation
    3 - Allows me to monitor edits and comments
    4 - Permits me to block / remove users who violate my rules from
being able to edit or comment.

I think that a system with these features is really basic to operating a
public wiki.

It seems that a combination of authUser, FASTMembership, newuser,
commentboxplus, a blocklist, and perhaps one or two other scripts plus a
few customized pages will provide these features.  I am part way there,
but before I go any further I'd like to know if  the 2.2.0 version of
PMwiki  or any recipes nearing completion will enable me to meet my
permission system needs more easily. (I note that there is a new
blocklist and a new commenting feature in  beta.) Or is there already an
easier path that I have failed to see?

Thanks,
Brendan
The Semicolon is Not My Friend