[pmwiki-users] Newsletter management

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 29 11:47:34 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 12:36:52PM -0400, Crisses wrote:
>    On Sep 29, 2006, at 12:18 PM, The Editor wrote:
>
>      When I return early next week I'll send you some more info on using
>      FAST Data.
>
>    One problem I have with FASTData is that you're not storing values in a
>    method compatible with PmWiki's page variables on the Data- pages.
>    Why are they:
>    Variable = "value"
>    instead of
>    Variable: value
>    or other means by which PmWiki stores page variables -- invisible or
>    visible.

The other option is that FASTData could add its custom format to
the set of formats that PmWiki recognizes:

    $PageTextVarPatterns['fastdata'] = '/^(\\w[-\\w]*)="([^"]*)"/';

(This doesn't quite work yet in 2.2.0-beta6, but it'll work in
2.2.0-beta7.)

The FASTData format might have the advantage of being
able to deal with linefeeds, at the cost of quotation marks.
Still, it might be nice if they both used the same format, if
possible.