[pmwiki-users] allowing existing vbulletin users to edit a pmwiki powered wiki

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 18:12:26 CDT 2006

I believe AuthUserDbase (or XesAuthUserDbase) will allow you to use
the vBulletin board user table. I finally got AuthUserDbase to work
(still need to publish the code), after allowing it to sit tantalizing
for a few months. In the interim, Xes co-opted the code, fixed it and
improved on it.

The implementation of AuthUserDbase I have running restricts edit
permissions to those of a certain RoleID of the Vanilla Forum. The
"standard" behavior authenticates anybody. However, there is a way to
append the SQL query to restrict by role.

On 9/28/06, Rodney Blackwell <rodneyb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've got a wiki I'm about to launch as a natural extension of a
> community I'm a part of which runs on vbulletin forum software (3.54).
>
> I read the past discussions ( http://tinyurl.com/rbwmj )about
> integrating vbulletin and pmwiki, but I can't figure out if it was
> actually accomplished or not.
>
> If there's a tasty cookbook recipe already written for this, that
> would be great :)
>
> I really just need to be able to allow my existing vbulletin users to
> use their same username/password to login and edit articles on the
> pmwiki installation. Ideally, the editing/authoring would be
> restricted to a certain existing "usergroup" of the vbulletin users.
>
> I saw that this person did exactly what I'm looking for, but I haven't
> been able to get a hold of him to see if he could share how he
> accomplished this:
> http://zaskoda.blogspot.com/2005/12/dr-wikilove-or-wow-i-learned-to-stop.html
>
> Slight disclaimer: I'm not a programmer, but I more than comfortable
> editing php files, creating new files (with instruction), tweaking,
> troubleshooting, etc :)
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
>
> --
> Rodney

Ben Wilson
"All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." HDT