[pmwiki-users] Deleting entire groups

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Sep 27 09:12:39 CDT 2006

On 9/27/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 02:23:47PM +0200, Mike wrote:
> >    is there a way to delete an entire group of pages at once?
>
> Wiki administrators can simply remove all of the group's
> pages from wiki.d/ .
>
> There's not an easy way to do it from the wiki interface.
>
> Pm

Actually soon, with the new array capabilities I'm building into FAST
Data, you should easily be able to do a pagelist of all the groups (or
pages) in your wiki as radio boxes.  Check any ones you want to, and
then instantly all the pages in all those groups (pages) will be
deleted.  Irretrievably...

It will work the same way for creating pages.  You can generate either
multiple pages at one time (by listing their names, or group.name),
optionally templated with info from form fields, or by using a merge
feature which extracts data from data files and creates multiple
individualized pages based on data records.

The array (list) and templating features Martin and Nils inspired me
with, when fully plugged into FAST Data could easily be used to create
a complete file management system.

The nice thing is, by generalizing these features I should be able to
make them available throughout the recipe while trimming quite a bit
of length off the code. So for example, the template function will be
applied to emails, and/or comment boxes, as well as pages.  And
merging should similarly be useful in sending out personalized emails
to your mailing list, or producing multi entry comment boxes
equivalent essentially to database reports.  And at least 10% of the
length of the code is gone!

Hope to get the next revision to FAST Data up early next week, when I
can type up the changes I've written out and upload.

Cheers,
Caveman