[pmwiki-users] pagelist sort by date not time

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Sep 27 08:50:58 CDT 2006

On 9/27/06, Henrik Bechmann <henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> BTW, if you do $LastModifiedDate, you might also consider $CreatedDate,
> though of course the latter wouldn't be used as much.
>
> ...and have I mentioned $CreatedBy for symmetry? <g,d&r>
>
> - Henrik
>
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 09:07:33AM -0400, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Patrick, that's outstanding.
> >>
> >> I think that daily granularity is far more useful to readers (of a site
> >> map) than minute by minute granularity.
> >>

> > Yes, having daily granularity has long been a requested feature,
> > so I'm wondering if it's worth putting {$LastModifiedDate} into
> > the core.  Then the built-in sequence would be
> >
> >     order=-$LastModifiedDate,group,name
> >
> > Pm
> >

> --
>
> Henrik Bechmann

Personally, I think CreatedData and CreatedBy would also make good
candidates for core.  They are very useful for things like forum posts
where you may want to list by the original poster and by the last
modifier.  But the "created by" would have to have a special line
added to the page format, right?  I seem to recall that the author
line is really the last modifier line.  Maybe firstauthor...  (creator
seems a bit too much).

And as for moment by moment granularity, can't an admin set up a
custom pagevariable for these kinds of features if he wanted them,
since the time and ctime lines are both saved as timestamps?

Anyway, I can do this pretty easily in FAST Data but it would be
easier if it was put in core for general use.  Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Caveman

PS.  This new pagelist feature is absolutely awesome.  Can't wait to
start tinkering with it.