[pmwiki-users] Fwd: RFC PmWiki Tips and Tricks

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Sep 26 20:46:35 CDT 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 9:22 PM, Kathryn Andersen wrote:

> 5) instructions to edit core files (run away, run away!)

I think I caught one of those recently and moved the instruction to
adding a line to config.php.  Are there really many of those? if so
they should be squished and squished mightily.

Nearly every "contribution" to oscommerce *R*E*Q*U*I*R*E*S* hacking
the core distro.  THAT is a run-away program.

Zen Cart, while oscommerce-based, has turned out better.  Better is
qualified though -- the admin panels are a mess and no one with an
eye for UI design has looked at them.  Ever.

So I've recently fixed one such problem somewhere in PmWiki (where
escapes my mind) and confronted that issue dead-on in another
application and nearly finished my project before bailing and opting
for another program...effectively doubling my work on a paid
project.  Yay.

Crisses