[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta3 released (new pagelist code)

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 16:56:28 CDT 2006

--- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 02:43:56PM -0700, Martin
> Fick wrote:
> > --- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Another new feature is that group= and name=
> > > parameters now
> > > combine with trail=, so that
> > >
> > >     (:pagelist trail=SomeTrail group=XYZ:)
> > >
> > > only returns the pages on SomeTrail that are in
> > > group XYZ.
> > >

> > Excellent!  Would this now support?:
> >
> >   (:pagelist trail=Main.* group=XYZ:)
>
> Not yet.  I'm not exactly sure what that means --
> you want
> a list of all of the pages in group XYZ that appear
> on any trail in the Main group?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! :)

> Somehow reading a trail from every page in Main
> doesn't seem like it'd be all that fast...  :-|

No, I don't suppose it would be fast, but it would
make it easier for the pagelistextensions recipe able
to handle the parallel:

  (:pagelist targets=Main.* group=Category:)

which would find all the Categories used in the Main
group.  This could be used for example to create most
of the Recipes/ByCategory page I just created
automatically!  I know you had plans to offer another
way to do this, but this syntax suggested by someone
else (I forgot who) seems logical here to me.

-Martin