[pmwiki-users] Fwd: new page attribute (related question)

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Sep 26 08:46:53 CDT 2006

On 9/25/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 02:22:35PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> > Actually, this is a different question, but Henrik's post inspired it.
> >
> > Is there a way for administrators to create their own page attributes
> > and have them show up on the group/page attributes page?
>
> Yes, via the $PageAttributes variable.  Simply define
>
>   $PageAttribute['myattr'] = 'My Attribute: ';
>
> and a new field will show up on the ?action=attr page that
> allows the attribute to be set or changed.  If the attribute
> name begins with 'passwd' then the attribute is treated as a
> password field.
>
> In addition, when page text variables/properties are more
> solidified in the core, there will be a way for administrators
> and recipes to specify that certain properties should be
> saved as page attributes.  (Actually, there will be a "better way" --
> one exists now, but it's a bit of a kludge.)
>
> > Linking them of course to certain actions?
>
> I don't know what is meant here.
>
> Pm

The FAST Data recipe works by setting the form action to data, so when
it is submitted, the recipe is called.

I thought I might be able to set Data as a password attribute on the
group attributes page, so where desired the recipe (action=data) could
be allowed only if the submitter did have the appropriate permissions.

Or better yet, disable the recipe everywhere like other actions (edit,
attr, read, admin, etc.) in config.php and only enable it on pages
where desired (where a form is) using page attributes. I don't really
like having to edit local config files and then do the ftp thing where
I can avoid it.

Cheers,
Caveman