[pmwiki-users] ?action=login, IIS and PHP

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon Sep 25 17:20:27 CDT 2006

Strangely if I change the line:

	if (!$auth && ($called > 1 || !@$_REQUEST[session_name()])) return;
for
	if (!$auth && $called > 1) return;

everything starts working again...

I tried assigning $_REQUEST[session_name()] to a temporary variable and replacing it in the expression like this:

	$sname = $_REQUEST[session_name()];
	if (!$auth && ($called > 1 || !$sname)) return;

but strangely this doesn't work either. $sname is empty. If I remove it from the expression like this:

	$sname = $_REQUEST[session_name()];
	if (!$auth && ($called > 1)) return;

$sname has a value... This is weird!

Is this change safe? What is the purpose of this line?

Pierre