[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta2 released ({$:var} markup)

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Mon Sep 25 16:28:29 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:

> I've just released pmwiki-2.2.0-beta2,
> This release adds the long-awaited support for page text variables
> and the {$:var} markup.

I don't know if this is new to beta2, or whether you even consider it a bug, but
 adding a (:linebreaks:) directive on a page can have an impact on the SideBar
as well as the body of the page.

I was able to reproduce this on PmWiki.org at Test/LineBreaks (with changes at
Test/SideBar and Test/PageListTemplate).

1.  The test page simply contains a (:linebreaks:) directive
2.  The SideBar has a simple pageplist:
    (:pagelist list=normal fmt=#sidebargroup:)
3.  The relevant pagelist template format is:

    [[#sidebargroup]]
    (:if equal {<$Group}:)
    >>fplsidebar<<
    (:if ! equal {<$Group} {=$Group}:)
    (:if equal {>$Group}:)
    >><<
    (:if:)
    [[#sidebargroupend]]

Note, I can alter the template to combine lines until, eventually, I get the
same results regardless of the linebreaks, but I wasn't sure that a linebreaks
directive in a page was supposed to be changing the behavior of the SideBar.

Pico