[pmwiki-users] Fwd: RFC PmWiki Tips and Tricks

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Sep 25 14:16:48 CDT 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 2:56 PM, Tom Lederer wrote:

> Am 25.09.2006 um 20:00 schrieb The Editor:
>> I think this is a great idea--as many of the recipes aren't really
>> recipes (as in php dropin modules).  It might be possible to move
>> some
>> of the simpler "recipes" that don't involve downloadable code, but
>> just a tip or trick into this kind of section.  I'd vote a big yes on
>> this idea!
>>
>> Anything to trim down the cookbook to actual "extensions" or
>> "modules"
>> will make it a LOT neater. Just my two cents!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Caveman
>
> Hi all,
>
> actually i would suggest it the other way round: move all real
> modules to a new module group.

You might be on to something there.

Recipes would be "Create a Blog" -- the page would point to the
separate methods to do so, which modules you might need, etc.

It's like "bake a cake" -- rather than which brand of flour to use,
it would say "well, this double-sifted cake flour over here will give
you a lighter texture.  If you do that and add this pure vanilla
extract, you get a 'white cake', and with this cocoa, you get...."

So recipes become REAL recipes.  And the tools and ingredients for
the recipes are separate?

Recipes for...
* User Authentication
* Anti-Spam security
* Blogging
* Forums
* Comments

And each page points to the resources or combinations thereof, which
are documented on their own pages...?

Is that overly complicated?  People are asking after more and more
"how do I combine these?" and "which method should I use, since there
are 6 ways of doing this?"

Crisses