[pmwiki-users] new page attribute (related question)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 25 14:03:41 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 02:22:35PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> Actually, this is a different question, but Henrik's post inspired it.
>
> Is there a way for administrators to create their own page attributes
> and have them show up on the group/page attributes page?

Yes, via the $PageAttributes variable.  Simply define

   $PageAttribute['myattr'] = 'My Attribute: ';

and a new field will show up on the ?action=attr page that
allows the attribute to be set or changed.  If the attribute
name begins with 'passwd' then the attribute is treated as a
password field.

In addition, when page text variables/properties are more
solidified in the core, there will be a way for administrators
and recipes to specify that certain properties should be
saved as page attributes.  (Actually, there will be a "better way" --
one exists now, but it's a bit of a kludge.)

> Linking them of course to certain actions?

I don't know what is meant here.