[pmwiki-users] Relative includes, take #2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 23 21:11:06 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 09:02:15PM -0400, Pico wrote:
> Compare the last portions of each page.  On the including page
> Test/RelativeLinksPagelists, the results of {$FullName} and {*$FullName}
> appear to be the opposite of what I was expecting from an include.  Or
> am I just turned around?

You may be turned around.  {$FullName} is supposed to be the
name of the page that contains the markup (i.e., the included page).
{*$FullName} should always be the name of the currently browsed
page.

So, if viewing Test.PageListTemplate, both {$FullName} and {*$FullName}
are "Test.PageListTemplate".  If viewing Test.RelativeLinksPagelist,
which includes Test.PageListTemplate, then {$FullName} (in
Test.PageListTemplate) is "Test.PageListTemplate", while {*$FullName}
is the name of the page currently being viewed
("Test.RelativeLinksPagelist").