[pmwiki-users] pagelist with descriptions

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 23 17:21:22 CDT 2006

Thanks Patrick,

That's all way cool, and I've created a custom template. My generic site
map page (Department.SiteMap) has one line (for now):

(:pagelist list=FDGPsitemap fmt=#sitemap:)

and I notice that this page can take url GET parameters like
&order=-time&count=30 with no extra work, which is totally cool...

Question (for anyone who can answer):

But when I add ?action=rss (having enabled rss) to my browser's call to
Department.SiteMap, the output is basically blank, presumably because
the page text contains a directive and not an actual list (?action=rss
works fine with Site.AllRecentChanges presumably because this contains
an explicit list).

Is there some way to redirect the generated list to rss output?

Here's the template:

(:if ! equal {=$Group} {<$Group}:)
:[[{=$Groupspaced}/]] /:
: :[[{=$Group}/{=$Name} | {=$Titlespaced}]](:if equal {=$Name}
{$DefaultName}:) (Folder Main Page)(:ifend:) %green%[-''created:''
{=$PageCreatedDate}; ''modified:'' {=$PageModifiedDate}-]%%(:if ! equal
{=$Description} '':)

$PageCreatedDate and $PageModifiedDate are custom page variables.

- Henrik

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 02:03:41PM -0400, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
>> All,
>> Is there a way to configure (:pagelist:) so that the output is
>> Group.Page <description text>
>> based on (:description:) directives?
> In the pagelist template, use:
>     [[#description]]
>     {=$FullName} {=$Description}
>     [[#descriptionend]]
>> Eventually I would want to have some way to self-select pages, possibly
>> with a TextVar setting, eg. (:sitemap:true:), or (:includepageinlists
>> sitemap,rss:).
> Then you want:
>     (:pagelist fmt=#description '(:sitemap:true:)' :)
> which will find only those pages having "(:sitemap:true:)" and
> display them using the #description pagelist template.  (Note that
> this is already possible, and doesn't require TextVars to work
> except to keep the '(:sitemap:true:)' from being displayed when
> viewing the page.
>> BTW, are multiple assignments like (:includepageinlists sitemap,rss:)
>> going to be possible with TextVars?
> I don't really know what (:includepageinlists:) is supposed to mean
> here.  But I'd probably just do one of:
>     (:list:sitemap:)(:list:rss:)  or
>     (:sitemap:yes:)(:rss:yes:)
> to cause a page to be displayed in both the sitemap and the rss
> pages.
> Pm

Henrik Bechmann
Webmaster, www.dufferinpark.ca