[pmwiki-users] Relative includes, take #2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 23 14:45:31 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 03:29:19PM -0400, Pico wrote:
> Pico wrote:
> >Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >>If anyone notices any problems or difficulties on pmwiki.org,
> >>please let me know!
> >
> >Please have a look at Test/RelativeLinksPagelist, which contains a
> >pagelist that uses a template that invokes the following three forms of
> >a page reference {$, {=$ and {*$ at the outset of the pagelist and as it
> >iterates through 20 items.
> >
> Oops.  Stupid me.  Everything is exactly as it should be.  The second
> form {=$ is grabbing the various page results, and the other two forms
> {$ and {*$ are returning the source page that contains the pagelist
> template, and the viewed page that contains the pagelist directive,
> respectively.

Actually, there *was* a bug there -- the included excerpt at the
top of the page was incorrectly performing the substitution inside
of the [@...@] escape.

It appears to all be working correctly now.  And yes, you're correct,
for Test.RelativeLinksPagelist, which is including a pagelist
built from Test.PageListTemplate, the page variables in
Test.PageListTemplate become:

    {$FullName}         Test.PageListTemplate
    {=$FullName}        the current page in the pagelist
    {*$FullName}        Test.RelativeLinksPagelist (the page being displayed)

Thanks!