[pmwiki-users] 2.2 Series & Blog/comments

George gdb at soundchasers.com
Sat Sep 23 13:22:58 CDT 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:15:18 -0500, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 01:04:36PM -0500, George wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:40:36 -0500, Patrick R. Michaud
>> <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> >The ability to add content will have a separate authorization level
>> >from the ability to edit.  It will default to be the same authorization
>> >as editing, so that edit passwords continue to restrict the ability
>> >to change content, but the authorization can be set independently
>> >to say "I'm allowing people to add content but not edit it."
>>
>> Maybe this should be extended to allow user-definable authorizations...
>
> What do you mean by the word "user" here -- do you mean "author",
> "administrator", "visitor", or ... ?

Administrator.  Currently, there are authorizations for view, edit,
delete, attribute, and upload.

> Presuming that you meant "author" above, this is already handled.
> An author simply sets an edit password on a page (using ?action=attr),
> and also sets the comment password to be '@nopass'.  This will
> restrict editing of the page to the author, while allowing anyone
> to add comments to the page without needing a password.

Actually, what I really meant (sorry - my brain is a bit fried today) is
to allow adding the administrator to define additional attributes.  It
would only be a core function to store the attributes.  The administrator
/ recipe authors would be responsible for actions based on the attributes.

Hopefully that's clearer -- and doesn't digress far from what you are
already designing for a blog strucutre.

// George