[pmwiki-users] Cookbook:CommentBoxPlus question

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sat Sep 23 07:33:58 CDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 12:49 PM, James Gotner wrote:

> Not sure if we are supposed to post questions about cookbook
> recipes here…
>
> I am trying to figure out where I need to put (:commentbox:)
> [GroupHeader / GroupFooter / Somewhere else] so that (for an entire
> site) the layout would be:
>
> -- All wiki content
>
> -- Comment box form
>
> -- Comments with newest first.
>
>    Is this possible?
>
> --James
Did your question get lost in the fray? I see that Patrick answered
something entirely different to you in the thread.  Oops.

Whenever we're deliberating features for a major new jump ahead,
people post rather quickly and many new posts come up.

Here's your answer:

You want a page like Site.PageFooter.  I'll figure out if it exists :)

I searched pmwiki.org for "site footer" and this page
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/SitePages
comes up.  It's not in that list.  So I don't think there's a site-
wide page like {Group}.GroupFooter

The skin you use MAY define such a page.  It just doesn't seem to be
part of the core.

Now, how would you do this:  I go into each group and define the
group footer.  Here's the documentation for this:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/GroupHeaders

NOW I found where the site-wide header/footer is mentioned.  So I'm
going to point to this in the PmWiki/SitePages.  :)  Because it ought
to be documented somehow.

You can use the config.php directives as explained:

How do I set one header for all pages/groups?

The header for each page is controlled by the $GroupHeaderFmt
variable. Thus a site-wide groupheader can be added with
$GroupHeaderFmt = '(:include {$SiteGroup}.SiteHeader:)(:nl:)' .
$GroupHeaderFmt;
(note that single quotes must be used so that $Group (which is part
of the default contents of $GroupHeaderFmt) will be substituted
properly by PmWiki, and that this applies to all variables ending in
$...Fmt)

And set a single site-wide footer page at Site.SiteFooter if you want
(or any other page to use as the site-wide footer).

If you want to eliminate certain groups from this -- such as the Site
and PmWiki groups:

if ($Group != "Site" && $Group != "PmWiki")  {
	$GroupFooterFmt = '(:include Site.SiteFooter)(:nl:)' . $GroupFooterFmt;
}

Then make Site.SiteFooter look however you want things to appear
UNDER the wikitext.

Questions?  I haven't used the (:commentbox:) recipe, so maybe
someone has comments about that part.

Also, you might not want this on other groups, such as Main -- but
that's up to you :)

Crisses