[pmwiki-users] notify problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 22 18:58:29 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 12:54:39AM +0200, Tom Lederer wrote:
> This is really weird...
>
> Now somehow (magically) this works, and sends me an email every time
> a page is accessed:
>
> $empfaenger = 'tom at celok.de';
> $betreff = 'Test unten';
> $nachricht = 'Hallo';
> mail($empfaenger, $betreff, $nachricht);
>
> And i reduced the notify part to:
>
> $EnableNotify               = 1;
> $NotifySquelch              = 1;
> $NotifyList[]               = 'notify=tom at celok.de';
>
> And .notifylist looks like this:
>
> 1159051892 0
> a:0:{}
>
> I am clueless....*sob*

With a $NotifySquelch setting of 1 (that is, one second), the
.notifylist file will nearly always be empty, because PmWiki will
be able to immediately send out messages as soon as updates are
received.  In other words,  you'll typically get a separate email
per update.

Does this mean that you're now getting notify messages, or is that
part still not working?

Pm