[pmwiki-users] BaseName variable [From: Archiving old/obsolete pages]

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Sep 22 13:42:30 CDT 2006

Some time ago Pm, you mentioned a possible core change that would
allow for a {$BaseName} for use in Pagelists.  I thought I would
resurrect that idea at this point.

Also if there's a way to set it now in config.php for use in pagelists
I would appreciate a tip on how to do it.  It would have to be
something that would be triggered for each different iteration
returned in the page list.

For ex:  if I wanted to limit search of all my data files in groups
Data-*.*, I would want to define $BaseName in such a way to be able to
put {$BaseName} in a pagelist template and get back links to  *.* for
all the pages it returns.  Ideally, it would only strip the prefix if
it existed.

Thanks for the snippet, or if the reminder helps to get it into core
that's great too.

I don't know how you do it at keeping PmWiki flexible enough to meet
everybody's diverse needs.  But I appreciate it Pm.

Cheers,
Caveman

Retrieved from the post below: