[pmwiki-users] 2.2 Series & Blog/comments

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Fri Sep 22 11:09:19 CDT 2006

Ben Wilson wrote:

> Blog
> ====
>
> It has already been said that (blog != wiki). With the exception of a
> commenting scheme, most blog features are already possible via the
> core. What is a blog? It's a page with the authors thoughts, followed
> by a list of comments.

Actually a blog is merely a page with an authors thoughts (comments
are optional).

A web log merely is a way of looking at an author's journaling.

Things like comments, multiple authors, publishing, RSS, etc... all
are tack ons.

Today, the word blog tends to mean: whatever features are found in
my favorite (usually free) blogging site.

To me, a threaded posting/viewing engine is more interesting since
it could be used for blogging, forums, newgroup/email-like things.

Just muddying the waters some more...