[pmwiki-users] sectionedit 2.1.0 released

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Thu Sep 21 05:46:16 CDT 2006

Karl Loncarek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found some bugs which were fixed (never happened to get them before).
>
> with this version edit links for sections are only shown when you have
> "edit" rights by default. (Therefore version 2.1.0)
>
> Now it should not contain any bugs any more (at least I hope ;-) )
>
> Please test and report. Especially
> Your comments are highly apreciated.
>
> What do you think does it make sense to also use a horizontal line as
> marker for a new section (as currently done with "====")? Maybe
> activateable with an option? Or does it get too coplicated then?

Would it be possible in a future version to have the separating markup
(whether ==== or ----) *not* appear in the text edit screen for a
section?  (The markup would still be used to define sections, but the
text that is displayed in a section would simply start four characters
later).   That would present users with a cleaner view, particularly for
casual users who do not know how section edit works, and would reduce
the possibility that users could accidentally delete this markup.

Pico

--

         __  /
        /   /