[pmwiki-users] Titles in Group Footers

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Sep 14 16:23:39 CDT 2006

I'm using PmWiki v. 2.26 and have a fairly complex row of links across
the top of the page in a given groupheader, generated by common page
variables.  Other groupheaders include that code so all the groups
have a similar look, but different links.

I want some groups to mimic being in other groups so I set some links
with {$Title} rather than {$Name}, and then tried to set the title in
those groups with the appropriate directive in the groupfooter.  (A
clever idea I thought...)  Ideally, I could do this one time and the
whole group would act just like it was actually in a different group.

In this setup the groupfooters title directive is ignored.  Tried it
several times.  Also doesn't work if I put it in the header. If I move
it into the body of the page it does work however, so I know the
directive and navigation bar are right. The problem seems to be that
the original {$Title} page variables are 1) included from another page
into 2) a groupheader.

But it definitely is not working in this situation, meaning I have to
manually put the title directive in each page where I want this
effect. Not sure if it is a bug or a feature.  :)

Cheers,
Caveman