[pmwiki-users] PmWikiAuth function

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Sep 13 14:05:31 CDT 2006

Still trying to get some info on the function PmWikiAuth.  Trying to
have my custom login recipe not only authenticate a person as a user
but also give them appropriate permissions based on their password.
I've rewritten the code to make this possible, now just need to know
how to use PmWikiAuth and whether or not AuthUserId is still required.
 Here's the only info I could find.  My script is below.

PmWikiAuth($pagename, $level, $authprompt=true, $since=0) {

##LOGIN
		if ($field == "login") {
			$dp = $dataprofiles . "." . $_POST[member];
			$pass1 = GetData($dp,"Password");
			$pass2 = $_POST['passwd'];
			if ($pass1 == $pass2) {
				AuthUserId($pagename, $_POST['member']);
				$m .= "You have been successfully logged in.  ";
				}
			else $m .= "Incorrect member name or password.";
			}
		}

Cheers,
Caveman