[pmwiki-users] Bibliographies

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Sep 12 00:55:16 CDT 2006

On Tuesday, 12 September 2006 7:08 AM, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:

>> > In publishing a pdf, LaTeX takes care of this, I believe, but you are
>> > right there is an issue in HTML. I had envisaged that the markup rule
>> > that handles (:cite:) would build the bibliography in a php static
>> > array, then the markup rule that handles (:bibliography:) would sort
>> > the static array into the specified order and insert it into the
>> > $XMLFooter. Since (:cite:) has to read the bib page to retrieve the
>> > text to use in the link, it may as well grab the entire
>reference.
>
>This works, assuming that the bibliography is on the same page as all the
>(:cite:)-commands.
>
>OTOH, if the bibliography (the actual list) is supposed to be on a
>separate page, I guess we need to somehow be able to tell the bibliography
>directive what pages it should search for (:cite:).

I don't see the problem.

When you publish multiple wiki pages, the static array that contains
the bibliography just build and builds as you process each page,
then at the end you display them all. I'm assuming it's controlled
through a trail page, like this:

* PageA
* PageB
* PageC

(:typeset:)

Or it can be driven through a search results list.

--
JR