[pmwiki-users] Cannot acquire lockfile

Marc Cooper gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Sep 8 13:27:25 CDT 2006

Hi,

I just installed PmWiki 2.1.24 in a userdir - I usually run it from the
serverroot on Linux or a Windows' userdir, so this is a first, I think.

After manually creating /wiki.d and /uploads, perms are 755, I get ye
olde message:

 Cannot acquire lockfile

I can sidestep this by setting 777 or similar, but that's not what I
want to do. I've checked that PHP safe_mode is off.

Config: Apache 2, PHP5, up to date Ubuntu.

Searches reveal this as a common problem - and there's a note on the
Troubleshooting PmWiki page - but I couldn't find the definitive fix.

--
Best,
Marc