[pmwiki-users] "Name attachment as:"

JB jbit at ev1.net
Fri Sep 8 03:27:12 CDT 2006

When using "attach:somename.jpg" the "somename.jpg"
appears in the "Name attachment as:" input box on the
upload page.

This is confusing me.  You are suppose to predetermine
the filename that you will upload in a page source link
and then click the link, and then browse to the file
to be uploaded and then it will upload the file and then
rename it to the filename specified by the link unless
you change it in the "Name attachment as:" input box.  Whew!

When the "Name attachment as:" input field is blank
pmwiki keeps the same filename that was uploaded.
I know 2 ways to not have any text in the
"Name attachment as:" input field on the upload page

    [[{$Name}?action=upload|Upload]]

    [[action:upload|Upload]]

I prefer to just upload the file and use the filename
that the user is uploading.  I do not see any kind of
option for that using the "attach:" syntax.

I would like to be able to specify that the
"Name attachment as:" input box not be displayed
and always use the uploaded filename and not the
link.  Is this possible?