[pmwiki-users] PData support for pagelisting images

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Thu Sep 7 18:21:36 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:58:19PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> If these theoretical new directives are going to have many (all?) of the
> same features as pagelists including the use of templates and such, then
> you may want to redefine the pagelist directive as a specialization of a
> more general directive. Maybe something such that
>
>   (:pagelist fmt=#myformat group=MyGroup list=normal:)
>
> is interpreted as a short form of saying:
>
>   (:datalist source=PmWiki fmt=#myformat group=MyGroup list=normal:)
>
> and there would be other possible sources such as MySQL, or whatever.
> Naturally, one would want a consistent API so that the more enthusiastic
> of us could create recipes for new data sources such as LDAP, etc.

If that was going to happen, then one thing it would need would be a
more generalized way of defining "order".  And even if that doesn't
happen, I'd really like a way of applying different orderings other than
the built-in ones.

So that, for example, one could have, say, a page which said

Title:Thing From The Black Lagoon