[pmwiki-users] 3 WebFeeds questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 6 15:05:27 CDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 09:13:37PM +0200, Roman wrote:
> 1. I found that ?action=rss also works with name= parameter although
> it is not listed in documentation
> (http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WebFeeds). Is it officially supported?

Yes.  Basically any pagelist option is available for web feeds.

> 2. My feeds are generated by using a combination of various parameters
> (group=, order=, count=, link=). Is there a way to specify feed
> parameters somehow internally instead of specifying them in URL?

Yes.  In a local customization file, the following sets the default
options for a feed.  (They can still be overridden by url parameters.)

    $FeedPageListOpt = array(
      'group' => '-PmWiki,-Site',
      'order' => '-time',
      'count' => '50',
      'link' => 'Category.CoolNewStuff');

> 3. Is there a way how to define channel image in $FeedFmt?
>   Example:
>   <image>
>     <title>Logo title</title>
>     <link>http://www.example.com</link>
>     <url>http://www.example.com/images/logo.gif</url>
>     <width>120</width>
>     <height>60</height>
>   </image>

Yes.  In a local customization file:

   $FeedFmt['rss']['image'] =
     "<image>
       <title>Logo title</title>
       <link>http://www.example.com/</link>
       <url>http://www.example.com/images/logo.gif</url>
       <width>120</width>
       <height>60</height>
      </image>";

It's important that "<image>" be the very first thing in
the string in order for this to work (i.e., no spaces
or anything before the leading "<").