[pmwiki-users] Bibliographies

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Wed Sep 6 13:52:21 CDT 2006

John Rankin wrote:

> If this sounds as if it might be suitable, the first step would
> be to work out what the entry form should look like and how you'd
> like to cite bib entries from the wiki pages themselves.

I said that I would like to have the intext references in the format
(<author>, <year>).  One of the problems with BibTexRef is that the
intext references contain the name of the reference alone, which in my
eyes is more or less meaningless.  Well, I bought a book about PhP
today, read the script as carefully as I could, and it sems that I am
able to handle at least one aspect of the problem, getting the intext
references into the format I would like to have.

With some guessing it turns out that the source of this type of
reference is the function cite(), by adding a function getYear() and
fiddling with the string expression in the cite() function I am
getting close.  I have to look into a different version of
getAuthors() since that produces a list of authors with full names,
while I want surnames alone, separated by commas.  I think I know how
to do that.

The main drawback with this type of modification is that it is coded
towards an APA type of reference (which is common, but still).

Tom