[pmwiki-users] Uploading images

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Wed Sep 6 09:09:20 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 01:37:25PM +0200, Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:
>> I want to give my coauthors and myself the ability to mupload and
>> dispay images in PmWiki.  What I have done:
>>
>> in the config.php:
>>
>> $EnableUpload = 1;
>> $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('secret');
>> $UploadDir = '/textbook/uploads';
>> $UploadUrlFmt = "http://localhost/textbook/uploads";
>> $UploadPrefixFmt = '';
>>
>> Where the upload directory is located in the same directory as
>> pmwiki.php.
>
> As defined above, $UploadDir is set to be '/textbook/uploads'
> in the root directory of your filesystem.  Try removing that
> line.  PmWiki will then default $UploadDir to be the uploads/
> directory in the same directory as pmwiki.php (which is probably
> what you're wanting).

I tried that, and it does not help very much I'm afraid.  Am I using
the right password?  The system asks for userid/password three times,
once to get into the upload form and twice afterwards.  I think I have
tried all combinations, the one for the upload and the administrative
password.  Which is rather excessive, at least in my case, a passorwd
is needed to log on to the wiki.

Tom