[pmwiki-users] Yahoo Messenger online status

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 21:52:13 CDT 2006

On 9/5/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 12:19:12PM -0500, Jon Haupt wrote:
> >    On 9/5/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >      PmWiki doesn't recognize the 'skype:' protocol by default, so
> >      it doesn't know what to do with "skype:YOUR_ID?call".  It
> >      can be enabled by an entry in Site.InterMap
> >
> >          skype:        skype:$1
> >
> >      Then the markup would be something like:
> >

> >          [[skype:tom?call|http://mystatus.skype.com/bigclassic/tom?x=.png]]
> >
> >      Pm
> >
> >    Skype's web site apparently doesn't allow arguments to be added to
> the end
> >    of their urls, because the image doesn't show up when you append
> ?x=png.
> >    The InterMap trick works for the link, but the image isn't going to
> be
> >    displayed unless we come up with a different workaround to convince
> PmWiki
> >    to display that image.
>
> Yes, I'm guessing a special markup for this (and possibly
> for all of the different online presence indicators).
>
> Pm

I've written up a very simple special markup recipe and uploaded it in the
form of onlinestatus.php, now available at

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OnlineStatus

This recipe enables a (:onlinestatus:) markup which has two arguments: svc
(service) and id (identification).  It currently allows yim (Yahoo!), aol,
and skype in the 'svc' argument. So if you were YIM user dairyman88, you'd
use this markup:

(:onlinestatus svc=yim id=dairyman88:)

There are several other services, obviously, and anyone can feel free to add
them to this recipe.

Jon Haupt