[pmwiki-users] fix(?): wikiform problem in 2.1.18

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Sep 5 17:19:24 CDT 2006

On Wednesday, 6 September 2006 4:26 AM, Bellave Jayaram <bellavejayaram at cox.net> wrote:
>John,
>
>> Go to a page that has the (:wikiform:) directive on it.
>> Does action=diag tell you anything useful about what might be wrong?
>>
>I don't know what to look for - I am attaching the page I got for action=diag
>I think there could be a conflict with some other recipes I am
>using.

I think the key line is in fact:

[pagename] => MPQ-Risks.HomePage

Download and install version 1.48 from Cookbook.WikiForms. This
should fix the problem.

Here is what I think has happened.

I was able to replicate the exact behaviour you described if the
forms recipe found a valid template pagename, but the page it
found didn't contain a template. So the question became why was
this happening.

As Henning and Wang Hsing-Foo have recently discovered, versions
1.47 and below don't work correctly if you use page names like
MPQ-Risks.HomePage with a version of PmWiki newer than the one
that introduced the $FmtPV variable and re-wrote the FmtPageName
function.

The reason is that wikiforms has to extract a group suffix, in
your case Risks, and find Risks.FormTemplate. The way I did this
stopped working when FmtPageName changed.

I think version 1.48 has fixed the problem.

><snip>
>>
>What is the difference between the way the form is generated in
>this preview mode versus the normal mode?

The fact that this worked was an important clue. The script
looks first in the current group for a template, so it finds
one if you view the form from the template page. In your setup,
it has to find the template in a different group, and this is
the piece of code that had broken.

At least, I *think* this is the problem.

--
JR
--

       \_