[pmwiki-users] pmwiki default div skin

V.Krishn webmaster at insteps.net
Tue Sep 5 03:05:24 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 05:26, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > JB wrote:
> > > I am little confused because there are 2 (or more) versions.
> > >
> > >   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Notebook-NT-Skin
> > >   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PmWiki-DivsSkin
> > >
> > > Can they be consolidated/combined to use the best of
> > > both?
> >
> > I'm content to leave PmWiki-DivsSkin as it is, as it seems to work, and
> > I gotta move on.
>
> I agree that we probably don't need two versions of the same
> skin, but I'll leave it to the skin authors to decide which
> (if any) to obsolete, or how to better distinguish them in the
> cookbook.
I think the usual process of extracting the best out of these skins and
marking it as experimental div skin for the core would be nice.
This skin would then ofcourse supersede these one.
I hope you are thinking for a div version skin for the core.

> I also think we should develop a SkinTest group on pmwiki.org,
> which can house a trail of pages that illustrate the common
> browser issues encountered when designing skins with PmWiki,
> as well as a nice suite of test pages for each skin.
I think there were some nice test pages made by Hagan and Hans.
Are they still there?
Is it ok to create a SkinTest group?

V.Krishn