[pmwiki-users] Site.SideBar is unprotected

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 4 22:19:04 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 10:24:49PM -0400, rickconroy wrote:
> on my site, I have set it up so that editing
> any page requires a password:
> 	$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('secret');
>
> This works, but not with Site.SideBar, which allows
> anyone to edit, without a password. Ouch!
>
> I am running version pmwiki-2.1.19,
> which I get from
> 	pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.PmWiki

Did you perhaps upgrade your site from a previous version?
Versions of PmWiki prior to 2.1 had this problem, but it shouldn't
exist afterwards.

At any rate, you can fix the problem by changing the edit password
for Site.SideBar to be '@_site_edit', which means you want it
to follow the site's edit password.

(This has been the default for PmWiki's Site.SideBar page since
2.1.0, which is why I'm curious if you upgraded from an older
version.)