[pmwiki-users] Yahoo Messenger online status

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 14:59:16 CDT 2006

On 9/1/06, Paul Lewis <paull at usca.edu> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Yahoo provides details here http://messenger.yahoo.com/addpresence.php
> about adding an html snippet to a web page to indicate whether or not
> you are available for a chat.
>
> Is there a way to set this up in PmWiki other than enabling html in
> config.php?
>
> If this can be done for Yahoo how about ICQ and the other mainstream IM
> packages as well?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul H. Lewis
> Govt. Documents Librarian
> Univ. of S. Carolina - Aiken
> http://library.usca.edu
> http://opensource.usca.edu

Displaying this particular image is easy with PmWiki, you can use this
(don't forget to change Dairyman88 to your username):

[[
http://edit.yahoo.com/config/send_webmesg?.target=dairyman88&.src=pg|http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=dairyman88&m=g&t=2&l=us?format=.gif]
]

The key was adding ?format=gif to the end of the image url.  This forces
PmWiki to treat it was an image instead of just displaying the url (see
PmWiki/Images).

As for other possibilities, I've been thinking about playing with MeeboMe
and some other widgets.

Cheers,

Jon Haupt