[pmwiki-users] Wierd attachlist behaviour with groups with "X" in name

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 1 10:54:09 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 03:17:38PM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> The symptoms are this:
>
> If the group has an "X" in the name (such as Stories-XOver or
> Stories-XFiles) then if you go
>
> (:attachlist:)
>
> in that group it will list the attachments okay, but if you go
>
> (:attachlist {$Group}.:)
>
> then no attachments are listed at all.
> Groups without X in the name are listed fine.
>
> I poked around in uploads.php and as far as I can see, there's something
> in the pagename stuff that makes it think, by the time that it's trying
> to look in the directory, that the directory name isn't
>
> uploads/Stories-XOver
>
> but
>
> uploads/Stories-13L
>
> (or something wierd like that).

It's a bug.  For some reason I set up the (:attachlist:)
markup to occur after link processing, which unfortunately means
that any wikiwords or links in the attachlist are having
bad things happen to them.  In the particular case above, "XOver"
is acting like a wikiword and getting substituted with a Keep
marker ("13L") before (:attachlist:) gets it.

This will be fixed in the next release; the workaround for now
is to modify the line in uploads.php that reads

    Markup('attachlist', '<block',

to instead be

    Markup('attachlist', 'directives',

Thanks!