[pmwiki-users] ZAP email markup not working

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Oct 31 04:56:03 CST 2006

On 10/27/06, Christophe David <pmwiki at christophedavid.org> wrote:
> I am trying to get the ZAP email feature to work.
>
> Even after uncommenting the two relevant lines in the code, none of the
> warning messages appears when the fields are left blank.  And when all
> fields are filled, no mail is sent.
>
> Anybody managed to get it to work yet ?

Sorry about taking a few days to check this.  I had to set up a new
wiki--so I wouldn't have to enable my demo site for emailing.  And was
distracted a bit with lots of meetings, etc., this week.

Anyway, after checking and getting all my farm setting correct,
finally, ZAP's email worked fine the first time.

To get messages you must put (:messages:) somewhere on the page with
the email form.

A few things to check if you still can't get it to work:

1)  Always login as an admin first.  Later you can add a lockpattern
to enable for other users.  But at least make sure it's working
properly.

2)  Remember, with an email message you must have an email template
(<Group>.<Name>-template.  If you don't, you should get an error
message, of course, but it's important. I updated the EmailForm
snippet to show how I set up my template.  It's very easy!

If you continue to have problems let me know.  Here are some trouble
shooting steps:

1) Put {$ZAPversion} on the page and make sure it comes back October
30, 2006 or later to ensure it is enabled and that you have the
latest.
2) Try a simpler snippet like SaveData to make sure it's working. (I
think you said it was).
3) Make sure you have (:messages:) on the page to see where the
problem might be.

Oh, I should add, I never could get mine to work on my home machine
because windows seems to have problems sending emails with apache/php.
 I had to set it up on my linux server to test it.  If you are doing
it on windows, it's a windows thing, not a zap thing.  You might also
check with your webserver to see if it is set up for php's mail()
function.  Other's that know more about web administration will have
to help you more if it's a problem there--but I think most servers
should support this as it is very basis php.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Caveman