[pmwiki-users] ZAP captcha, categories, et. al.

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sat Oct 28 19:42:37 CDT 2006

Glad you could solve the pagelist problem, Jiri.  That's good news!  I
had no idea what could be the cause though || should have been a
clue...  : )

As for the login problem I noticed yesterday evening Firefox was
working, but not IE.  Anyone have an idea what might cause a browser
dependent kind of problem?  The forms are simple enough...

When I went to look at it again today, both browsers were working, so
it *may* have been a browser cache issue. Very strange. If it is some
kind of bug, it seems to be intermittent.  If it happens again to
anyone, try a different browser and let me know.  Maybe we can isolate
the problem.

Right now I'm uploading some new snippets and a new category / rating
system on www.zapsite.org (using zap of course) for all the snippets.
Kind of neat!  Take a look.  And vote!   As we add more snippets (yes,
I have another 20+ on my todo list, including a todo list)--the
tagging / rating system will be very useful.

Also uploaded a new version of ZAP to the demo site (will upload to
PmWiki tomorrow with the updated docs, when I get a chance).  This
version adds a very simple captcha feature (see the snippet), re-adds
the upload feature, solves a ZAPdata bug that causes rare but *bad*
glitches, and added Crisses' solution for preventing potential form
clashes (only a 1 in 1000000 chance of happening, but hey, might as
well do it right)!

Will do more testing on the email tomorrow.  Christopher, let me know
what you think of the captcha snippet. It should work great for
emailing.

Also, still looking for help with htmlspecialchars in conjunction with
custom pmwiki input fields.  Goodnight all!

Cheers,
Caveman