[pmwiki-users] Use non-[A-Za-z] characters in page names?

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Oct 27 05:26:36 CDT 2006

On Oct 27, 2006, at 4:20 AM, The Editor wrote:

> Hyphens and underscores are already permitted.

Only hyphens

> Crisses recently posted some step by step instructions for allowing
> colons.  You might see if you can search the archives of the list.  I
> believe she indicated it could be used to allow other characters.  It
> would have been this month.

No -- I didn't indicate that it could be used for other characters.

For example, there's a markup change I included that was colon-
specific.  If there are colons in pagenames, it changes how page
variables ( {$:MyVariable} ) are parsed.

Other characters may require other changes in markup.

I have to see the parent post, because my mailer flagged this as
having my name in it ;)

Crisses