[pmwiki-users] trying not to bother you too much...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Oct 25 14:08:25 CDT 2006

On 10/25/06, Nicholas Buttle <nicholas_buttle at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help so far people...
>
> I'll try not to bother you so much but you're a great
> help in getting this thing moving towards where I want
> to go...and I have some pressure to show some results
> quickly...
>
> One question.
>
> If I edit the sidebar and add
>
> * [[Personell/Personell]]
>
> and then open the page I get...
>
> PERSONELL /
> Personell
>
> as the page header.
>
> So the page title is duplicated.
>
> I want to click the 'Personell' link in the Sidebar to
> open a page with a title of my choosing eg.
> 'Personell at our business' and not have this
> duplication of headings.
>
> Knowing that everything can be done in PMWiki I know
> that this is possible too. Is it a variable that I
> need to set?

Actually the top line is the page Group.  The bottom line is the page
Name.  If you are using the default PmWiki skin, I believe you can
delete this line (from pmwiki.tmpl in the skin file) if you don't want
to show the group.

href='{$ScriptUrl}/{$Group}'>{$Group}</a> /</div>

If you want a different title than the page name, type this on the page:

(:title Some Other Title:)

and then that will show up in place of the page name.  Or, when you
create the page, just give it the name you want from the start.

Of course if you have multiple words in your title, you might need to
change the next line in the template just slightly, from:

          <h1 class='pagetitle'>{$Title}</h1></div>  to
          <h1 class='pagetitle'>{$Titlespaced}</h1></div>

Pm, shouldn't that be the default setting?

Cheers,
Caveman