[pmwiki-users] ZAP and multi-line text vars

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Oct 25 10:39:51 CDT 2006

For anyone actually doing development using ZAP, I would recommend
holding off a day or two if possible before releasing anything.  I
decided to go with option three for solving the multi-line problem as
it probably offers the most longterm benefits and won't require any
more work from Pm!  Thanks for all you do Pm!

I currently have it working on my home site, and will upload the
revised script later today.  I'm just double checking to make sure
everything works.  It seems to.  I'm thinking about adding a hide
feature (closely related to this issue) which will enable you to make
data invisible to text vars to better protect things like passwords
and emails.

Note:  the revised version will not maintain downward compatibility
with any data you have currently saved in ZAP, but it will have
downward compatibility with data you have saved in FAST Data.  That
is, it can read either, but will only save it in the new.

I decided to not support ZAP's initial storage format because it's
only been out a few days, and it would make the recipe too complex to
support three formats. You can, of course manually update your ZAP
data pages to use the new (:field: var:) format.  If you have
questions or need help doing this let me know.

Cheers,
Caveman