[pmwiki-users] Proposal: version control for cookbooks recipes

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 12:40:35 CDT 2006

Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 6:23:50 PM, Stefan wrote:

> As an example I just saw the update of the commentboxplus script of HansB by
> accident. It took me quite some time to identify and apply his
> (security-) fixes to my modified version, which even worse was based on
> the commentboxplus2 version, juggling with patch, diff and wget.

Sorry to hear about your troubles! As a rule I update
commentboxplus2.php along commentboxplus.php, even if it is not
mentioned on the page (I will make a note there about this).

> I wonder if it would make sense to create some open repository (maybe on
> sourceforge, if possible?) using Subversion. Then updating is a matter
> of "svn update". How is the common opinion about something like that? Of
> course one could still download them directly (with a direct http link
> to the latest version in the repository) for those who don't like using
> svn.

Unfortunately I have no idea what you are talking about, as I am not a
person using Linux or Unix (I suppose the command you mention refers
to that?) and don't know what "Subversion" is. Posting an updated
script and documenting the change is work enough for me. And to
document in detail line by line the changes is beyond what I would
want to do. I do try to point out if the update is important, also
here on the list. Just have not yet managed for the latest
commentboxplus update.

Hans